Love Letters + Heart Wills
Welcome to our Pilot Program.
Discover what really matters to you & get your end of life planning in order with ease, inspiration and great company!
Death: We are all going to experience it, whether it’s a sudden and unexpected death, or the eventually anticipated variety. It’s that one thing that we’re all sure about. It’s going to happen to you, and it probably already happened to someone you love. Yet most of us are unprepared.
Many of us die with regret, fear, or anxiety because of what we didn’t do, or didn’t say to people left behind. And sadly, death can tear families apart because people who love each other don’t know how to talk about how they’re feeling or what’s going to happen to them.
Death is the one certainty in life, yet we live our lives doing our best not to talk about it.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
We believe that imagining the end of your life will inspire you to live fully now.
Imagine being at peace – within yourself, with your family, with your friends and within your community – knowing that you’ve expressed and recorded your most important life learnings and written letters to those you love.
Picture integrating your values into what will be your ultimate transformation. By contemplating your mortality now, your dying will reflect your living.
How it Works
Over 4 weekly sessions, Reena and Michelle will co-facilitate two discovery circles, each with a maximum of 8 participants.
With support, ease and great company, you will:
- Craft your own Heart Will to share the wisdom, wishes, values, hopes, dreams, messages and ideals you hold in your heart.
- Address Love Letters to specific people to read when you die or to commemorate future circumstances in case you miss them i.e. the birth of your son’s first child, your daughter’s first job, your grand-daughter’s graduation, or your partner’s healing journey should you die first.
Remember, you don’t know when you’re going to die.
Inside a thoughtful and dynamic group process, you will:
- Uncover the scope of your feelings about your inevitable death
- Make your own sense and meaning of this thing we call death (and life)
- Determine your state of death readiness
- Discover what + who matter most to you by imagining limited time to live
- Consider the forgiveness factor: seeking, bestowing, accepting
- Identify the courageous conversations you need to have and how you want to feel during and after those conversations
- Explore how you want your life stories heard, remembered and passed on.
Spark your imagination
You’ll get the support and accountability of a weekly group organized by knowledgeable people you respect and trust. If you value having a dedicated time and place to learn while connecting with other open-minded creative souls on this path of discovery, you’ll love this unique shared experience.
Dates & Details
We’re offering a morning and an evening Circle, each running for 3 hours and taking place over 4 consecutive Thursdays: April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19.
In addition to the 3-hour Circle, you can expect to spend about 2 hours between sessions. The Circles will take place in a cozy home in Vancouver, BC.
We guarantee that your time with us will nurture your passion for life and enhance your awareness about what matters most to you. You will discover what you didn’t know you didn’t know about expressing your essence until the very end of your life.
During this pilot phase of our offerings, the Circle is “Pay What You Wish” — at the end of your experience. You commit your time and energy now, and determine your financial investment at the end of the group based on your perceived value.
Choose the option that works for you:
Nourish yourself with creative end of life planning that’ll inspire you to take action
and give you a new perspective on life!
Michelle + Reena
With extensive training in deathcare—Michelle as a funeral director and hospice volunteer and Reena in all aspects of death midwifery—we share a passion for using the conversation around death as a pathway to growth and healing for individuals, communities and the planet.
Our support integrates your emotions and your intellect, honours your body and your spirit, and is always mindful that your choices have economic and environmental implications.