We are delighted to announce that the Willow EOL Educator™ Program is now available! When we formed Willow in 2015, we knew we wanted to do more than be of service as 1:1 end-of-life-planning coaches or small-group facilitators. We knew that our calling was to empower other passionate educators to use the innovative EOL education tools and products we created. The Willow EOL Educator™ Program is the five-years-in-the-making solution to our quest to do more.
The global pandemic has resulted in a tough year for most of us. Faced with so much loss, grief and mental-health challenges, the world is looking forward to closing the chapter on 2020. What if we put this year to rest, like we lay a loved one to rest?
I was inspired by the list of 15 things Michelle crafted in honour of her late mother-in-law. Reading it, I thought: this is a great exercise no matter what our relationship is with the deceased. With that in mind, I’m putting 2020 to rest with the following list of things I learned over the course of the year.
15 Things I Learned from 2020 (For Which I’m Grateful)
- Dying flowers are as beautiful as the ones in full bloom.
- My neighbourhood is spectacular in every season.
- I don’t like swimming in a wetsuit.
- There are so many different kinds of trees in my neighbourhood.
- Having fewer options of what I can do with my time can be freeing.
- The more time I spend with fewer people the deeper those relationships get.
- Routine can be comforting.
- I feel best when I eat simple, whole, and plant-based food.
- Meditation is critical to my health and wellbeing.
- Staying connected even when we’re not physically together is possible.
- Zoom break-out rooms are awesome.
- Uncertainty and fear are portals for growth and discovery.
- The source of grief is our fear of being separate human beings.
- Granting space and time for the grieving process is the pathway to love.
- We really are all connected.
With all my love,
Reena (+ Michelle)
What about you?
What are some valuable life lessons you learned from 2020 (for which you are grateful)?
We would love to see your list, no matter how short or how long. Please scroll down to the bottom of the post to leave your reply.